Sometimes developer needs an access to Magento database, but lacks command line option. Or mad MySQL CLI skills. Sometimes installing phpMyAdmin is too much hassle to fix a record or two. And because of associated inconvenience, sometimes people “forget” to remove it once installed, leaving a window of opportunity to anyone smart enough to find it and exploit it. Enter Multon_PMA: easy to install, easy to remove; phpMyAdmin as an Extension.
Features (0.1.6; 20141018):
- Includes phpMyAdmin 4.2.10, unchanged;
- Single Sign-On, no need for separate login;
- Gives developer all the database privileges Magento has;
- Packaged for convenient installation and removal;
There might be a number of potential problems, for example how sessions are handled. Also, I haven’t had chance to try it out with sockets and alternative ports. Please test and report; I’ll try to fix bugs as time permits. Or even better, submit the fix yourself to GitHub!
How to install?
- Go to System > Magento Connect > Magento Connect Manager;
- Log in;
- Under Direct package file upload choose Browse / Choose file and find downloaded .tgz;
- Click Upload;
Please note that you have to uninstall all the previous versions first.
Latest vesrion of PMA is also available on GitHub: https://github.com/pronto2000/Multon_PMA